DELTA DENTAL PLAN OPTIONS
Sangamon County Medical Society members and their staff may enroll in either the Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Plan or the DeltaCare DHMO Plan.
Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Plan
The PPO Plus Premier Plan allows you to visit any dental provider you wish. Enrollees usually save the most when visiting a Delta Dental PPO dentist, but they also have access to Delta Dental Premier dentists. Here are some of the plan highlights;
- No waiting periods for service.
- Preventive and Diagnostic services covered at 100%.
- Additional Preventive visits covered if you qualify for the Enhanced Benefits Program.
- Ability to visit the dentist of your choosing, coverage for both in and out of network densists.
- $50 deductible for Basic and Major services.
- Annual maximum benefit with an in network dentist of $1500.
Please click the link to view the Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Plan summary.
How to find a network dentist:
- Click here for the Delta Dental provider search.
- To find a provider, simply enter your zip code. Dentists are listed by proximity and the networks they participate in.
- You will receive a greater benefit by selecting a dentist from the PPO and/or Premier network.
Delta Dental PPO Plus Plan Premiums
Enhanced Benefits Program
The PPO dental plan also includes an Enhanced Benefit Program. This program enhances coverage for individuals who have specific health conditions including diabetes, pregnancy, periodontal disease, kidney failure/undergoing dialysis, high-risk cardiac conditions, suppressed immune systems, cancer-related chemotherapy, and/or radiation. These enhancements are based on scientific evidence that shows treating and preventing oral disease in these situations can improve overall health. If you have a qualifying condition, you can enroll in the Enhanced Benefits Program through the Member Connection.
Delta Dental DeltaCare DHMO Plan
Please note: the DeltaCare (DHMO) network has very limited selection in Sangamon County. Please follow the instructions below to search for a dentist.
The DeltaCare DHMO plan provides notable cost savings by selecting a specific dentist or dental facility to coordinate all of your oral health needs. You must select a dentist from the network. You will be assigned to that office, and all of your dental care will be provided by that dentist. There is no coverage if you see a dentist other than the one you selected at enrollment. You may change your dentist if you wish, but you must select another dentist from the DHMO network. Some highlights of the DentalCare DHMO plan include:
- Lower premiums.
- No waiting period.
- Preventive and Diagnostic services are covered at 100%.
- No deductibles or annual maximums on coverage.
- You pay a fixed cost for specified services, so you can plan your dental health needs accordingly.
- Orthodontic services included
Please see the DeltaCare DHMO Plan co-payment schedule for more detailed information. Please note that specialty care requires a referral from your primary care dentist.
You MUST select a primary care dentist in Illinois to participate in the DHMO plan. Please follow the instructions below to search for a dentist. Please note, the DHMO network has very limited selection in Sangamon County. Once you have selected your dentist, please provide the 6-digit facility ID number associated with the appropriate dentist on the enrollment page.
- Click here to be taken to the Delta Dental provider search.
- To start your search, you can either enter the location where you want to locate network dentists (search by city/state or ZIP code), or search for a particular dentist or practice by name and ZIP code.
- Results will automatically display by proximity (within 10 miles from city or ZIP code) and all Delta Dental networks the dentist participates in will be listed. If you want to change the distance, update your search by entering a new mile radius and select "Update".
- Use the "Narrow Search" function to select the DELTACARE (DHMO) network. The facility ID code for the dental facility can be found under the practice name and address.
- You must select a dentist from the DeltaCare DHMO network.
Delta Dental DeltaCare DHMO Plan Premiums